Right now the entire world is in the depths of panic. Its grip on our society is tight; each action making each person just a bit more worried.
But, hope is not lost. Yes, this is a global pandemic. People are dying. People are losing their jobs.
We cannot control everything, we have to accept this. It’s even more important right now.
What we can control:
- Our spending
- Our saving
- Our home environment and the anxiety level
- Our engagement with our children
- Our relationships with others
- What we eat and drink (to an extent)
There is no doubt the fall out from this disaster will be something our children’s children learn about in school one day. Let us take lessons from this.
- Build up savings
- Examine your life and get rid of everything that isn’t important
- Have lots of margin in your budget, wherever possible
- Be empathetic towards others
- Take only what you need
So many of us, me included, are so privileged. I can buy everything I need for a month in one shop. I have a home, we are not in financial distress. My kids are home all the time anyway. I don’t work. My husband works from home already. All of these things make it pretty easy for me to cope. But I’m a sensitive person and my current anxiety is about everyone out there who does have it tough. Everyone out there, all of the world.
Right now we have to be kind, we have to think of everyone. We have to do this to come out of this intact.