What is the Liebster Award?
I was nominated for a Liebster Award! What is a Liebster Award? It’s a nomination given to smaller bloggers by other smaller bloggers . It’s a fun way to be recognized and acknowledge other bloggers, as well as help readers discover great content as well!
I was nominated by Angela who writes at Setting my Intention. Thanks for the nomination Angela 🙂 I love Angela’s honesty and openness about her decluttering missions. Plus she has some great ideas on managing family life!
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- Answer the questions given to you by the nominator.
- Nominate up to 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers.
- Create 11 questions for the nominees.
- Notify all nominees via social media/blogs.
Questions for me:
1. When did you start blogging and why?
I started blogging in 2006 about shoes! I loved shoes, and I still do, but I was young (22) and I was going out a lot so needed lots of fun dancing shoes. I was studying communications and journalism and blogs were not as popular as they are now, so it was a fun thing to to.
2. When you’re not blogging, what would we find you doing?
At the moment, it’s feeding or changing my 3 month old son Ripley. I don’t get much blogging done at the moment, it’s a challenge. Right now, he’s sitting on my lap!
3. What book are you currently reading?
My year without matches by Claire Dunn – it’s about living off grid, starting with very little and using nature/the bush to provide food, shelter and tools.
4. What’s your favorite food?
That’s tough! I love all food but I’m coeliac so it’s hard. I love healthy foods especially portugese style chicken with salad, but Nando’s chips and Cadbury almond chocolate are my vices.
5. What’s your favorite way to exercise and get movement in your day?
I walk a lot! We have two dogs, so I usually walk at least 1 hour every day, and I’m just getting into HIIT – High Intensity Interval Training. I do pilates once a week at the moment, it’s a circuit style so it works your core but using body weight, not only on the mat.
6. How do you relieve stress?
Walking and watching TV shows. I love to escape!
7. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
The exercise of writing. My career has been in corporate communications so I’ve written A LOT but always in a corporate setting. I love writing about things I’m passionate about and trying to change the world in a positive way.
8. What is the most challenging thing about blogging?
Making the time for it, building an audience and being consistent in posting.
9. If you were gifted $150, how would you treat yourself?
I’d put it in the bank. I’m not big on spending money anymore. It’s a constant battle, seeing things I like, even if I try to avoid advertising, it’s still everywhere.
10. What is your favorite quote or saying?
This too shall pass. It will, whether it’s good or bad, know that moments are fleeting.
11. What quality or characteristic do you most love about yourself?
My ability to get stuff done. My husband is always amazed at me. We recently sold an investment property and I had the agent, the legal work, the styling and the gardening done in a week. It’s my best asset, but also can be a bad quality as I often do things before others have the chance (or at least that’s what my husband uses as his excuse haha).
My questions for the nominees:
- What is your favourite part of being a mummy?
- What did you find most surprising about being a mummy?
- If you could summarise your philosophy to life with a music title, what would it be?
- How many photos do you have on your phone?
- What is your favourite travel destination pre and after kids?
- What is your favourite part of blogging?
- Do you have a 5 year plan? If yes, share a part of it with us.
- As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- If you won the lottery, for example $15 million, would you stop paid work?
- Are you a clean freak?
- What do you miss most about childhood?
Thanks Angela for nominating me, I really enjoyed the challenge and found some great new blogs thanks to your nominations!