I have found that a simple home makes motherhood easier.
There is a vast range of decluttering advice as well as recommendations on books and authors to read on topics from minimalism to meditation.
Five benefits of a simple home for mothers:
- The less you own, the less you have to organise, clean or maintain.
- A less cluttered home is easier for children to play in, less mess for you to tidy and safer for all.
- Comparing your home or lifestyle to friends or family, or even Instagram users you follow, leads to dissatisfaction, but it also stops you from focusing on what you want in life.
- Children can be challenging, and motherhood has many ups and downs, don’t let your home overwhelm you too.
- A simple home extends to the meals you cook and the housework you do.
Embrace simplicity, live more simply, and allow yourself space and time to rest, relax, and enjoy your family.